Top 5 Ways To Increase Blog Traffic
With so much competition between online businesses, it’s vital that you get the competitive edge over your rivals. The internet has the widest range of advertising opportunities imaginable and it is often a combination of things that can lead to a successful marketing strategy. It does not matter how good your website or blog is if nobody is aware of it.
This is why it’s important to spend a large amount of time and effort dedicated to increasing traffic flow to your website. Here are five pointers to look into when trying to increase your hit rate:
- Improve Your SEO – search engine optimization is the number one priority for any struggling or new online business, and if you have not already spent time and money on this, you should look into it straight away. The majority of most businesses’ traffic comes directly from organic search engine results, so if you are not appearing near the top of the search results in your niche, then this needs to be addressed.
- Quality Content – Making sure that you site has quality content is vital for repeat business of any kind. It is worth hiring good quality content writers, unless you can provide high quality content yourself, in order to ensure that the wording sounds professional and is giving off the correct message.
- Creating Backlinks – getting as many back links to your site as possible is always good for increasing traffic. It is surprising to see the amount of traffic that comes through to your site, from a quality link provided by a well respected site. This means spending time trying to circulate your name on forums, blogs and through social media avenues. You can use sites such as Fiverr and others to pay people to place quality back links on a range of sites.
- Using Social Media – Using social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter could make a big difference to your traffic flow. If you can build up a large following on a social media site, placing one link to your site there could instantly reach thousands of people for free and in a number of minutes.
- Analyze Your Stats – Using tools such as Google Analytics could really help you to identify key groups of people who are currently using your site, and this will help you to market more effectively in the future. Using Google Key Words searches is also very useful so that you can see what people are searching for on the search engine and also how many people are searching for those things.
This guest post was written by Abigail. She is a freelance writer and designer who built her own site using a professional website builder.
Find me on Google+