5 Twitter Tools You Should Be Using If You’re A Blogger
Of all the social networks that exist, my fave by far is Twitter. Why? Well because i don’t have to spend my precious time adding dozens of glitter buttons (not that there is anything wrong with that) or filling out numerous quizzes or downloading a million gazillion photos.
I just update and go. Love it. It is a tool on the web like no other. I like to describe Twitter as IM on crack.
With that fine introduction to what Twitter is, below are my top picks for twitter tools you should be using if you’re a blogger.
1. Twitter Feed -This is where the RSS feed function of Twitter comes into play. I cant’ tell you how many times i’ve come across a feed tweet from a blogger that led to some interesting or useful information. Feed tweets get me all the time from a variety of bloggers. Don’t miss out on sharing a great post, use TF.
2. Twirl -This is a neat widget download that allows for the use of Twitter like an instant messenger, as opposed to having a web window open. You can send tweets, receive tweets, fave tweets, share pics, share links, (and my fave feature) you can re-tweet with Twirl. It’s free, easy, and fun. A must if you’re a blogger.
3. Tweet Later – You can do several things with this one. First you can schedule an upcoming Tweet and have it delivered at a predetermined date and time. Second you can auto follow people who follow you. And third you can send a thank you or welcome message to new followers in the form of a DM, automatically via Tweet Later. 3 very cool features. (hat tip to Sly from Slyvisions on this one) UPDATE: I no longer auto follow or send out automatic DM’s. I still think Tweet Later is good for its initial purpose though.
4. Twitter Search -The name says it all. This site allows you to search in real time for whatever topics you want more information on. You type in a search query and it searches all of Twitter for a result. Very addictive.
5. Monitter – I just found this one, but its worthy of mention. It’s like Twitter Search, in that it allows you to search. But it displays three columns worth of tweets, as opposed to one. Great for multi-taskers.
The Famous Follow
Of course one can’t write a post on Twitter, and not ask for the famous follow. So you know what comes next, right? If you’re a blogger and use Twitter, follow me here.
Here is a link to a fantastic round up of Twitter tools. It’s a really long list, so go grab a cup of coffee before reading this one.
Not On Twitter, Yet?
If you’re not on Twitter yet and have questions on how to use it, how to add followers, what to tweet about, etc. Grab a copy of my Awesome Twitter Guide, a beginners guide to Twitter.
There are many tools and apps that expand the functionality of Twitter and or just make it more fun. Subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss out on cool Twitter tools, apps and resources.
Find me on Google+
- Four Reasons Why a Business Can Boost Profit And Pay Off Debt By Using Twitter
- Top 5 Health iPhone Apps for Busy Web Workers, Bloggers and Net Marketers
- 5 Wackys Ways To Promote Your Blog…That Guarantee Traffic
- Top 7 Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Site
- Super Cool Social Media Tee Shirt’s
- The Best Sites To Get Free Facebook Buttons, Icons Or Badges
- 10 Easy Traffic Tips For A New Blog
- SEO For WordPress Bloggers
- 7 Elements Of A Successful Website
- Which Twitter Directory Do You Use?